My night's saty at the HILTON

I know when you all finish reading this post you’ll are gonna think that I’m a total godaya. Ok but tell me would any of you bother staying at the Colombo Hilton a night when you’re already living in Colombo. I dunno if you’ll have that kind of money but I don’t. so this is about my night stay over at the Hilton.
It was the 28th of April and we had to go to Hilton for one of my dad’s award ceremonies. (We in the sense, me and my family) so all of us were excited. After the award ceremony we got to stay the night stay at the Hilton with complementary breakfast at ‘spices’. AND, it was the world cup final that that and everybody was more excited about that. I wouldn’t talk about that coz it’s too heart wrecking.
Anyways, it was around 2.30 am when we started hearing gun shots from outside and opposite the room I was staying was the army headquarters. O me god… when I opened my eyes it was not a pretty sight. The Colombo skyline was roaring with machine gun fire and everything else was pitch dark. There were gunshots going on from all the angles and it was scaring me to death. It must have been around 30mins until the shooting were stopped but still it was freaking out all the guests. The management of the hotel were putting announcement for guests to come downstairs to the lobby to which my freaking brother wouldn’t give a damn. He’s too big in his head and wanted to see what was going on outside.
After sometime the shooting started again and this time they were aiming at two air crafts. We could see the planes and the shots going so close but missing them. It was worse than Sangakkara missing Gilchrist’s catch! Damn.
Anyway, we were at the hotel lobby for about 45mins and somehow the firing ceased. Everything was settled around 4.30 in the morning but I’m not sure of the time.
All in all, the night was exciting and happening. I’ve always wanted to witness war first hand or go back to the time when the World War 2 took place and be a nurse at the US marines. I know all those are fantasies but I could say although it was scary, I liked the experience of witnessing war first hand coz think again of the kids who live in the north and the east, they do that every day. Isn’t it nice to share they’re feelings at least once in our lives being brothers and sisters of one nation?
So… that’s my night stay at the Hilton but the morning breakfast buffet was amazing and I ate like a pig!!!

2 comments:

Hiran said...

Yeah it was one scary night! Just imagine, this is what the people in the north and east hear and see everyday, I am in a way glad it happened BUT hope like hell that it doesn't happen again and that our forces can ground that toy plane soon! :) Good Luck to them with that... I don't blame your brother, I would have climbed even higher to get a better view of those planes and thrown something at it if it flew pass me!!! Damn those LTTE bastards!

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

nope..sorry! your still a wittle woooser!!! heheh but a few more posts and i'll stop calling you that and refer to you with nice names..like bubu and babe ;) heheh
takecare and have a great day! Cheers
Dimi